Adventure Therapy Aotearoa is an association for organisations and practitioners using adventure, nature or experiential based therapeutic interventions.
- To strengthen the formal and informal connections between adventure, nature, and experiential based therapy practitioners in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Support the development of safe, ethical and quality practice.
- Increase the visibility and credibility of adventure, nature and experiential based therapeutic interventions within the wider community.
- To provide some training and education that supports the ongoing development of practice.
- To strengthen the research and evaluation aspect of adventure therapy in New Zealand through collaboration of academics and practitioners.