That’s right! You can now be a Member of Adventure Therapy Aotearoa! We would love to have you join us.
The leadership rōpū have worked hard to develop the incorporated society of Adventure Therapy Aotearoa. Please get involved and become a member 🙂
Why we became an Association:
- You need to be an Association to have a bank account… Previously we had all our conference monies running through a private account of one of our members 🙂 So it’s a good thing to have a system that is more robust!
- It allows us to grow and potentially apply for grants to help fund the annual gathering and support participation in global gatherings.
- It gives a framework for the group going forward – so this thing will last well beyond our years!
Why do we need members?
- We need members because our association is set up to be for the networking and support purposes of the members!
- We need members to help shape the future of Adventure Therapy in New Zealand
- We need members to be voted on to the leadership group to keep this thing going…
How much does it cost?
- $60 for the year (up to the next conference basically)
- $40 for the year if you are a student or unwaged.
Can I get an invoice?
- If you need one, yes we can do that.
- Please keep in mind our admin team is voluntary – so if you don’t need one, don’t get one… ta 🙂
- We are not GST registered.
What will we do with the money?
- The purpose of the money is to develop the field of Adventure Therapy in Aotearoa NZ and to support the development of the Association.
- Any spending of the money is decided by the full leadership group not any one person.
- Some of the money goes towards practical things like hosting this website
- We happy to take suggestions if you think there are things that would help us!
- We are also planning to offer a scholarship for Kiwis to get to the next International Adventure Therapy Conference.
What do I get as a member?
- Full access to our programme of online workshops and the recordings
- Discounted participation in our annual gatherings
- The ability to vote at our AGM (aka Awesome General Meeting)
- The opportunity to stand for election to our leadership group…
- Best of all – you get the satisfaction of knowing you are investing into the development of this thing we love in New Zealand! 🙂
It’s pretty cheap – can I give more to support the development of AT in Aotearoa?
- Absolutely! You can give as much as you like 🙂 At this stage it’s not tax deductible, but if we decide to apply for charitable status then it may be. Our account details:
ADVENTURE THERAPY AOTEAROA 38-9020-0523950-00
Sounds amazing – how do I sign up? Right here!